Sidoon University College is a registered University
Registered campus: Lebanon, Saida, Mieh-ou-Mieh
Decree Number 3585/2000 & Number 847
We take the privacy of our users seriously. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users while providing a personalized and valuable service. Any personal information you give to us will be processed in accordance with the Lebanese Laws and Legislations. We will use the information to process you request and to provide any relevant further information for example key facts and details about studying with us, additional course literature or related educational services, open days, the application process, fees, accommodation etc.) it will also be used to support our marketing and market research activities.
This Privacy and Policy statement explains our data processing practices. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices please contact our Data Protection Officer by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our sites contain links to third party sites which are not subject to this privacy and policy. We recommend that you read the privacy and policy of any such sites that you visit.
Personal Information Collected
We undertake to maintain your personal data in secure conditions. Your personal data will be disclosed t our staff and agents in order to support our services to you; this is done on a need-to-know basis and all staff are made aware of the procedures they must follow to endure you data is protected.
We collect personally identifiable information about you (your “Data”) through:
- The use of enquiry, application and registration forms
- Your purchase of any of our products or services
- The provision of you details to us either online or offline
The elements of your Data that we collect may include:
- Job title
- Company name
- Company address, phone and fax number
- Home address and phone number
- Mobile telephone number
- E-mail address
- Date of Birth
- Educational history, work experience and other information from your CV if you provide this to us
- Usage statistics
Use of your Personal information
- Your personal data is held for the purposes set out in full in our Registration Office. On making an application, you confirm
that you understand that you data may be processed for these purposes which include:
- Processing applications, registrations and enquiries;
- Maintaining you student record (including personal and academic details);
- Managing the academic processes (including teaching, exam board meetings, and awarding degrees);
- Providing advice and support (through Student Services, the Careers Services, etc.);
- Providing our customers with a personalized service (including IT users and library accounts etc.).
- Conducting market research surveys
- Allowing users to participate in interactive features of our service, where they choose to do so
- Running competitions, prize draws and promotions
- Providing you with information about products and services we offer (if you agree to receive such information).
- Statutory returns and reporting to sponsors and government agencies such as HESA
(Higher Education Statistics Agency – refer to http:// www.higher-edu.gov.lb
- Where your data is disclosed to a third party, this is done in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
- If an enquiry or application is not progressed we will securely destroy the information in line with our Student record Management Policy and Retention Schedule.
- We also use information in aggregate form ( so that no individual user is identified by name):
- To build up marketing profiles
- To aid strategic development
- To manage our relationship with advertisers
- To audit usage of the site.
Sharing with third parties
We may also share you information to business partners and to third party suppliers we engage to provide services which involve processing data on our behalf, or successors in title to our business.
These might be based on both inside and outside the Lebanese Area. For those outside the Lebanese area, we ensure that transfer is only made to countries on the Lebanese Commission’s list of countries or territories providing adequate protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects In connection with the processing of their data, this includes ensuring any US recipients of the data are signed up to the US department of Commerce Safe Harbor Scheme.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
Information about you may be disclosed to other organizations as required by law, for crime prevention or detection purposes, in order to comply with our obligations.
Disclosures will also be made by us as outlined below:
a) To sponsors, government agencies and present or potential employees.
b) Your contact details may also be passed to the Ministry of Higher Education in Lebanon or its agents.
c) Where a programme of study lead to a qualification recognized by a professional body we disclose relevant information to that body.
d) To the students loans Company
e) Release of results to former schools/colleges.
f) Names will be included in pass lists
g) Crime and taxation – we may share your personal data where this is for the purpose of detecting or preventing crime or for taxation purposes.
h) Outsourcing – we may outsource some of our processes and provide students’ personal data to third party companies for these purposes.
We have appropriate measures in place to ensure that our users’ information and data is protected against unauthorized access or use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss. User Data may be transferred outside our organization to data processors such as fulfillment houses by they will act only on our instructions to provide services required.
Transfer of Data
The internet is a global environment. Using the internet to collect and process data necessarily involved the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data this way. By agreeing to our transfer of your Data to third party organizations for them to send you details of products and services offered (as detailed above) you are deemed to provide you consent to any transfer of your Data to organizations based both inside and outside the Lebanese Area.
If you wish to amend any of the Data which we hold about you, or update your marketing preferences, please contact email@example.com.
In accordance with the Data Protection Laws, you may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting the Data protection
Officer by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may charge the statutory allowable fee for provision of this information.
Children under 14
We do not intentionally collect any information on children under 14 year of age. We will undertake to delete any details of such users where a parent or guardian has notified us that any such details have been obtained.
Changes to this policy
This Privacy Statement is effective from October/20/2015. From time to time we may make changes to this privacy statement to reflect any changes to our privacy practices in accordance with changes to legislation, best practice or website enhancements.